If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These lamb chop cutlets are a classic Icelandic dish and if you are invited to an Icelander's home and they make you these, know that they really like you, maybe even love you. When I was eating them last night I could not get over how delicious they were, the butter fried into the breadcrumbs and the tender soft lamb loin. I know part of my delight is that my mother would make these for me when I was little. It is mandatory to nibble on the bones in an Icelandic home, but only using one hand(this is more polite), the saying goes: “if you leave clean bones you will have beautiful children.”
- 6 lamb loin chops
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 stick of butter
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Depending on the thickness of the chops you might want to use a mallet to tenderize the loin chops, my father’s loin chops are thinner than you would buy in the super market so I did not need to flatten them with a mallet.
- Using three shallow bowls. Place flour in one, beat an egg and add milk in one, and bread crumbs in another. Season flour with salt and pepper and dredge chops in flour then dip them in an egg and milk mixture and then cover them with bread crumbs.
- In a nice skillet (I used a non stick) melt butter until melted on a medium heat.
- Make sure that you do not burn the butter, you will want to fry the chops at the same temperature, slow and steady makes a golden chop.
- Cook them until done this is all dependent on how thick they are and how done you want them. Let them get nice and golden! Enjoy!
- Note: serve this with boiled potatoes and a nice salad!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Lamb
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.