Author Notes: In another couple of weeks the weather will cool down and we will take the welcoming hand of high calorie comfort food to get us through the next 8 months.
Today’s dish is a ceviche salad packed with intense flavors and is so gratifying that you will even crave it during those sluggish, waist-thickening (or wherever your problem areas reside) days ahead. Considered to be the national dish of Peru, ceviche is a dish of bite-sized pieces of fresh and firm white fish marinated in lime juice, slivers of red onions and chopped chilies. Have your taste buds woken up now? There is a real marriage of flavor from all the ingredients in this dish and the lime gives the fish a slightly sealed texture. Be bountiful in how you eat this dish and free yourself from all notions of guilt as this is a low-calorie dish. To make this a complete meal, we serve it with a boiled or roasted sweet potato to absorb the spicy lime juice ‘tiger’s milk’, a piece of grilled corn and some lettuce.
- Indian Globetrotter
- 2 pounds orange roughy/ sea bass/ flounder fillet
- 1 large red onion
- 3 Serrano Chillies
- 16 fresh limes
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces
- Finely slice 1 large red onion and the Serrano chillies
- Squeeze the juice from the all the limes
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt
- Allow the mixture to stand for approximately 10 minutes
- Serve ceviche on individual pieces of Boston lettuce and witha whole sweet potato and a piece of corn