If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In another couple of weeks the weather will cool down and we will take the welcoming hand of high calorie comfort food to get us through the next 8 months.
Today’s dish is a ceviche salad packed with intense flavors and is so gratifying that you will even crave it during those sluggish, waist-thickening (or wherever your problem areas reside) days ahead. Considered to be the national dish of Peru, ceviche is a dish of bite-sized pieces of fresh and firm white fish marinated in lime juice, slivers of red onions and chopped chilies. Have your taste buds woken up now? There is a real marriage of flavor from all the ingredients in this dish and the lime gives the fish a slightly sealed texture. Be bountiful in how you eat this dish and free yourself from all notions of guilt as this is a low-calorie dish. To make this a complete meal, we serve it with a boiled or roasted sweet potato to absorb the spicy lime juice ‘tiger’s milk’, a piece of grilled corn and some lettuce.
- Indian Globetrotter
- 2 pounds orange roughy/ sea bass/ flounder fillet
- 1 large red onion
- 3 Serrano Chillies
- 16 fresh limes
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces
- Finely slice 1 large red onion and the Serrano chillies
- Squeeze the juice from the all the limes
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt
- Allow the mixture to stand for approximately 10 minutes
- Serve ceviche on individual pieces of Boston lettuce and witha whole sweet potato and a piece of corn