Author Notes: After making key lime frozen yogurt I next made a lassi with fresh blueberries and lingonberry jam to freeze. For that I also used my ground caraway seeds. After freezing one batch of the lassi recipe in ice cube form, you can next use a few cubes in making a wonderful lassi drink for a second and third batch. Optionally, you can add Akvavit if you want a spiked lassi in the late afternoon. I usually have a lassi for breakfast, so I do not include it. The fresh blueberries and the preserved lingonberries partner very well with caraway to create a creamy savory drink. For me the preserve is the only sweetener that is needed, but feel free to add honey. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, fage
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries, wild Maine if you can find them
- 1 tablespoon lingonberry fruit preserve
- 1 teaspoon honey to taste, optional ( I used none)
- 1 ounce Akvavit, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground caraway seeds or spice of your liking (fennel, cardamom, saffron, for some suggestions)
- 3-4 ice cubes made of this recipe (or plain ice cubes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- sprinkle of ground caraway (or fennel) optional, for garnish
- sprigs of fresh spearmint, wintergreen leaf (gaulthria procumbens), or lavender for garnish
- Ahead make one batch of these, pour into a small ice cube tray and freeze.
- Add the yogurt, blueberries, lingonberry preserves, ground caraway, lime zest, and optionally Akvavit with 3-4 ice cubes of this mixture frozen or plain ice cubes and process in a blender. Do make sure the blender is securely tightened, as mine was not this morning. A little purple puddle to avoid.
- Pour into 2 small glasses; garnish with a sprinkle of ground caraway and an herbal sprig. In the fall the reddish leaves of wintergreen would make a beautiful garnish for this drink.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast