If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the compound butter I made for the "Your Best Swordfish" contest. It is inspired by the ingredients in Creole-style meuniere sauce. I have used it on other types of fish, grilled shrimp, and roast chicken. It's very versatile--feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. - drbabs
Serves 1 ramekin
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients into softened butter—mix well. Put into ramekin and refrigerate. Layer on grilled or broiled fish. Or good bread. Or on your baked potato. Over rice. Spatchcock a chicken and smear it under and on the skin before roasting. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce