Author Notes: This Southern-style condiment is an impertinent hussy of a sauce which contrasts silky sweetness with a lot of bite. Traditionally served with cream cheese on crackers, it can be used in a number of ways. It is great on a hamburger. It makes a zesty glaze for grilled meats. It is perfect with fried foods. It complements sweet potatoes and winter squash. I sometimes wonder whether it would work as an ice cream topping??!!? - friendlyoaks
Makes about two cups
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup dry mustard (such as Colman's)
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Over low heat, melt together the jelly, preserves, and marmalade.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into clean glass jar(s) and store in refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment