If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is something my mom makes when the whole family is together, and it inspires a lot of polite maneuvering when trying to procure seconds. It is rich and creamy, a completely decadent egg dish worthy of any celebration. - kitchenwitchcookie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded American cheese
- Melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and papper.
- Add milk; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- 1 cup (4 oz) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 3 oz can mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 recipe Cheese Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (3 slices)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In large skillet, cook Canadian bacon and onion in the 3 T butter until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add eggs to skillet and scramble just until set.
- Fold mushrooms and cooked eggs into Cheese Sauce.
- Turn into a 12X7X2-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining melted butter, crumbs, and paprika; sprinkle atop eggs.
- Cool, cover and chill until 30 minutes before serving.
- Bake uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Keep Calm and Curry on
The lowdown on Indian curry powders.
A curry powders primer.
Magically creamy scrambled eggs—in 15 seconds.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.