Author Notes: This is an ice cream which combines strawberries and roasted red peppers with a little bit of heat from paprika or Aleppo. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup cooked and sugared strawberries, chilled
- 1 cup fire roasted mild red pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups heavy cream (it happened to be whipped already)
- 1/3 cup acacia honey
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika (for more heat) or Aleppo pepper flakes (for milder)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, milled or ground
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- sprinkle of hot paprika or Aleppo chili pepper flakes for garnish
- Assemble the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. Then chill the mix thoroughly. If you do not want heat you could use a sweet paprika instead.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the maker's directions. Serve right away (or store in the freezer and then let soften for serving).
- Garnish with a daring sprinkle of Hungarian hot paprika or Aleppo chili pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe