If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A variation on banana bread, this is a great autumnal version of bread that can be easily taken on the go -- for picnics, work lunch, or a great breakfast! I make the entire mixture using a bowl with a handle, a silicon spatula, and elbow grease! —aaraney
Makes 1 loaf tin
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Mix together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix again.
- Sitr in apples and cinnamon.
- Add flour, powder, soda and salt. Mix just until it is all blended, not too much.
- Pour into a silicon baking dish or loaf tin (floured or use partchment paper to line). Place in oven on 180 C.
- Bake 20 min --- or until knife comes out clean. Bread will come away from sides of silicon pans when ready.
- Let cool -- do not cover while cooling or it will become "gummy" on the top. When completely cool, easily stored in zip bags.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.