Author Notes: A variation on banana bread, this is a great autumnal version of bread that can be easily taken on the go -- for picnics, work lunch, or a great breakfast! I make the entire mixture using a bowl with a handle, a silicon spatula, and elbow grease! - aaraney
Makes 1 loaf tin
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Mix together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix again.
- Sitr in apples and cinnamon.
- Add flour, powder, soda and salt. Mix just until it is all blended, not too much.
- Pour into a silicon baking dish or loaf tin (floured or use partchment paper to line). Place in oven on 180 C.
- Bake 20 min --- or until knife comes out clean. Bread will come away from sides of silicon pans when ready.
- Let cool -- do not cover while cooling or it will become "gummy" on the top. When completely cool, easily stored in zip bags.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake