If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A yours truly original. Inspired by a love for the step in making cookies where you mash brown sugar with the butter. —TakeThymeToCook
- 3 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 10-12 large shrimp
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons tropical spice powder (curry, paprika, pepper)
- 1/2 red pepper (optional)
- 2 servings of cooked brown or wild rice
- If you want peppers in your mix, sauté in saucepan with a sliver of butter (or olive oil) until soft. Remove peppers from pan, set aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter/margarine in saucepan.
- Add shrimp and cook on medium-high until pink.
- Add remaining butter and melt. Stir in brown sugar.
- Add banana (sliced on the diagonal) and cook until brown and mushy. Yum.
- Add tropical spice powder. Return red peppers to mix to heat.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy a sweet but balanced dinner!
Unpredictable, Hard to Find & Worth the Fuss
These chiles just might Hatch an idea
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
Our favorite food reads.
We've got the summer blues.
Our haikus about gin.
A better basket.