Author Notes: A yours truly original. Inspired by a love for the step in making cookies where you mash brown sugar with the butter. - TakeThymeToCook
- 3 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 10-12 large shrimp
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons tropical spice powder (curry, paprika, pepper)
- 1/2 red pepper (optional)
- 2 servings of cooked brown or wild rice
- If you want peppers in your mix, sauté in saucepan with a sliver of butter (or olive oil) until soft. Remove peppers from pan, set aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter/margarine in saucepan.
- Add shrimp and cook on medium-high until pink.
- Add remaining butter and melt. Stir in brown sugar.
- Add banana (sliced on the diagonal) and cook until brown and mushy. Yum.
- Add tropical spice powder. Return red peppers to mix to heat.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy a sweet but balanced dinner!