If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was originally an improvised recipe I made while making a pie for my mom. She's a health fanatic and often won't eat the crust on pies due to their typical unhealthiness. I wanted to make something she'd actually eat, so I came up with this "healthy" recipe instead. It actually came out nice and flaky and very delicious. - kowley
Makes 2 8-inch pie crusts
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 - 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ~1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- ~1 tablespoon honey, optional
- In a pie dish, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Measure the olive oil in a measuring cup (start with the lesser quantity), and mix in the milk.
- Mix liquids into solids, using hands if necessary, until well incorporated. If dough ends up being too dry (too flaky, difficult to work with) add more olive oil and milk as necessary.
- Press the dough out around the pan to form a crust. If making a double crust, let some dough overflow over the edge, collect this and use it for the upper crust. A pre-bake is recommended for best results.