If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tis’ the season of apple picking! There are so many savory and sweet dishes to be created with apples, like this Raw Apple Pie. The best part about this pie is you don’t need eggs, flour, refined sugar or an oven to make this delicious healthy alternative treat. All you really need is a food processor, pie pan and a few ingredients. There is no baking needed!! Check out the recipe below and get ready for a healthy delicious Raw Apple Pie... —RebeccasRemedy
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups ditted dates, soaked in warm water for 20 mins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup almond pulp
- 6 apples - peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pitted dates - soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup raisins - soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea-salt
- Put the sliced apples in a large bowl, add lemon juice and water to retain color and set aside.
- Put soaked dates, pecans & dried coconut in food processor with S blade and process until mixed well. It gets to be a very sticky mixture.
- Cover a 9” or 10” pie pan with dry almond pulp or ground almonds. This helps the sticky crust mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Firmly press the crust mixture evenly on top of the almond pulp. Make sure you spread the crust up the sides of the pan and pinch the crust all along the sides.
- Drain the apples from the lemon juice. Put half of the apples in a food processor with remaining filling ingredients and mix well. Remove the mixture from food processor and combine with the remaining sliced apples.
- Pour the filling in the pie pan and then place remaining sliced apples decoratively on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and put in freezer for about an hour to harden.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve with raw vanilla ice cream. Mix 2 frozen bananas and 2 cups of vanilla almond milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Pie
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.