Author Notes: Trying to eat lean (especially after the chicken wing contest). Cooking with tofu is great because it can take on just about any flavor/seasoning. - nannydeb
- 1 block "lite" firm tofu (mine was 12.3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery and celery leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble the tofu into the skillet with your fingers.
- Add the nutritional yeast and turmeric and cook for 10-15 minutes or until some of the water has cooked out. There are many ways of extracting the excess water, but this is easy enough. Set aside to cool. Drain of any excess liquid.
- Combine the cooled tofu mixture, Dijon mustard, celerey/celery leaves, onion, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Divide the tofu mixture into two sandwiches and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch