If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cooking with tofu is great because it can take on just about any flavor/seasoning. —nannydeb
- 1 block "lite" firm tofu (mine was 12.3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery and celery leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Tofu is packed in water which you should remove for a better consistency and to better soak up the flavoring. Remove it from the packaging and wrap the block of tofu in a cheesecloth or paper towels and place it on a plate with a plate or skillet on top of it to squish out some of the liquid. You may have to change out the paper towels and replace them at least once. Let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes or, if you plan ahead you can let it sit overnight in the fridge to remove more water.
- Once the water has been removed, crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the tofu mixture into two sandwiches and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.