If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We all have our weaknesses and pimento cheese is one of mine. I just can't help myself. Over the past few years I have gained control of my addiction but only because I now eat it only when when I make it. I make pullman loaves because everyone likes white bread and as much as I want my family to eat whole grains I also don't want them to go crazy eating all the stuff we wouldn't let them have once they can. As with most cheese spreads as this sits the flavors develop and meld. - thirschfeld
Serves one pint
- 1 medium sized sweet yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pimento peppers, minced or one 4 oz. jar, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creole whole grain mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons Crystals hot sauce, preferred, but another will do
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cultured 2% non-homgonized buttermilk
- fresh ground black pepper
- white bread of your choice
- Place the grater blade onto your food processor and grate the cheese. Dump it into a mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl and grater back onto the machine and grate the onion. Remove the grate and add the chopping blade. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the bread and pulse until combined.
- Using a spatula mix the cheese with the sauce until everything is evenly distributed. I do this in the mixing bowl because I have found if I use the processor I get cheese goo and I want the strands of cheese. Let the spread sit for an hour to let the flavors develop.
- Spread the mix onto a piece of white bread then top with another slice of bread. Cut the sandwich into an x so you have four triangle pieces because pimento cheese just seems best this way.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns