If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a kid, I loved peanut butter and jelly on toast, so I created this by taking everything a step further. I started with some raisin bread, added tahini to one side, almond butter to the other and a bit of mascarpone on top. Then, in keeping with a common trend here lately, I browned up some butter and tossed in fresh slices of apples and pears and popped it onto my panini maker. Don't let the toasted part worry you, I let the sandwich cool for a couple of hours and it held it's wonderful flavors fine! - TiggyBee
- 2 Slices of your favorite bread
- Almond butter
- Honey - (optional)
- Sliced apple
- Sliced pear
- Butter for browning
- Spread the tahini on one side of the bread (If desired, put a bit of honey on top of the tahini). Spread the almond butter on the other piece of bread and put a layer of mascarpone on top of that.
- In a sauté pan, brown the butter and add the apple and pear slices and sauté them for about a minute, so they're still crisp. Remove them from pan and let cool before adding them to the bread.
- Once the sandwich is assembled, plop it onto the panini grill or if you don't have a panini maker, simply grill it in a pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.