Author Notes: As a kid, I loved peanut butter and jelly on toast, so I created this by taking everything a step further. I started with some raisin bread, added tahini to one side, almond butter to the other and a bit of mascarpone on top. Then, in keeping with a common trend here lately, I browned up some butter and tossed in fresh slices of apples and pears and popped it onto my panini maker. Don't let the toasted part worry you, I let the sandwich cool for a couple of hours and it held it's wonderful flavors fine! - TiggyBee
- 2 Slices of your favorite bread
- Almond butter
- Honey - (optional)
- Sliced apple
- Sliced pear
- Butter for browning
- Spread the tahini on one side of the bread (If desired, put a bit of honey on top of the tahini). Spread the almond butter on the other piece of bread and put a layer of mascarpone on top of that.
- In a sauté pan, brown the butter and add the apple and pear slices and sauté them for about a minute, so they're still crisp. Remove them from pan and let cool before adding them to the bread.
- Once the sandwich is assembled, plop it onto the panini grill or if you don't have a panini maker, simply grill it in a pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch