If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich is for all those kids and adults who are peanut butter holdouts or who crave the ultimate comfort lunch. It is the perfect kid friendly and healthy lunch, including a protein, whole grain, fruit and vegetable. My mother would often make this for a special treat for our school lunches back in the 1950's and I have never tired of it. —karencook
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- peanut butter
- mayonaise or Miracle Whip( we like the extra kick of Miracle Whip)
- 1 medium banana
- lettuce (we prefer Boston but any type will do)
- Spread first slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter
- Slice the banana vertically and lay on top of the peanut butter.
- Top the banana with several pieces of lettuce.
- Spread mayonaise or Miracle Whip on the second slice of bread and complete your sandwich. Cut in triangles and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.