If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I may not be as thrifty a cook as I want to be I do know not to throw away the bacon fat. After all it is great for salad dressings, essential in black skillet cornbread and really good for sauteing. Even still, I still don’t want to eat it everyday.
On the other hand I don’t want microwave popcorn and I also find myself adding butter to the popcorn I popped in grape seed oil.
Where does this leave me? Well, I am just gonna say, I don’t eat popcorn but once a month at most so I have to think of it this way, live large.
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- sea salt
- In a 3 /12 quart Dutch oven add the bacon fat and place the pot over medium high heat. Once the fat has melted add the popcorn.
- Cover the pan and shake it around for a moment.
- Once the popcorn starts popping shake it more and as the popcorn pops faster shake more often.
- Once the popping resides dump the popcorn into a large bowl and season it with salt. Serve
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.