If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The burrito is designed to be compact, nutritious, delicious and deliver a package of flavor. During the grape harvest the number of our farm workers swells from 2 (Ignacio, our vineyard manager has lived with us for 17 years) to about 20 men who furiously pick the grapes to fill 1/2 ton bins (they get paid by the ton). It takes a lot of calories to fuel these hard workers , so their food of choice is often a Grande Burrito...which weighs in at about 1 1/2 pounds. They are filled with rice, beans, guacamole and meat; usually carnitas, tripe, lingua, beef, chicken or pasteur and salsa or hot sauce. This recipe is an alternative version that is designed for a person who doesn't burn 600 calories an hour! ****When we pick for ourselves we use small French picking bins and we pay by the hour...not by the ton. - dymnyno
Serves 2 (about)
- 1/2 cup farro, cooked (I prefer a dente')
- 1 avocado, mashed with a squirt of lemon juice.
- 1 cup roasted chicken, shredded.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lettuce, iceberg
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 lime, sliced
- salsa, or hot sauce of choice.
- 2 large flour tortillas.
- Prepare the farro.
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Finely mince the lettuce, onion and cilantro and garlic. The consistency will be like salsa...very finely minced. This will incorporate these flavors successfully and is a very important step.
- Mash the avocado with a little squirt of lemon juice and garlic if you like.
- Place the large flour tortilla on a flat surface or plate.
- In the middle of the tortilla, spread a little farro, then, guacamole, shredded chicken, lettuce-onion-cilantro, Greek yogurt, but leave a large border so you will be able to wrap and fold the tortilla around the fillings.
- Add the salsa or hot sauce (if you want to). Squirt a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Fold the tortilla around the fillings ...two sides in and then top and bottom over, like a package or envelope.
- Now you can package this in plastic wrap or paper and it is ready to go! ******This can be prepared hot or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.