If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was a kid, I thought of pumpernickel as a grown-ups’ bread, and as I’ve gotten older, I have to admit, I just love it. It reminds me of my dad, who will often opt for it enthusiastically. This is one of my favorite combinations. The moisture in the cheese and in the chutney is plenty, no mayo needed. Brie is also nice. —SallyCan
Makes a sandwich
- Chicken breast, roast or rotisserie, sliced
- Fresh goat cheese (chevre) or brie
- Apricot or any other chutney you’re fond of
- Greens: spinach, chard, lettuce, or whatever you like
- Salt and Pepper
- Pumpernickel bread
- Spread the cheese on one slice of bread and the chutney on the other, with chicken breast and greens in between (if you prefer, pack them separately, wrapped in a paper towel or paper napkin, and add to sandwich later). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap tightly in foil, waxed paper, or plastic wrap so that the flavors can meld.
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Matcha-black sesame cheesecake, waffled grilled cheese, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
It's time to travel.
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Put cake on a pedestal.