If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by a recent trip to Belize to create a fun Caribbean flavored dessert. —Foodie-isms
- 1 cup flour
- 2 -inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 Bosc pears
- Add flour, ginger, and brown sugar into a food processor and pulse until ginger is finely chopped.
- Add the butter and pulse to incorporate. Finally add the pecans and combine until fully incorporated.
- Use a mandolin to cut the pears into paper thin slices. Arrange the pear slices evenly into a buttered glass pie pan (slightly overlapping).
- Add the pecan mixture on top of the pears.
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Organized spice drawer: check.
A better basket.