Author Notes: I was inspired by a recent trip to Belize to create a fun Caribbean flavored dessert. - Foodie-isms
- 1 cup flour
- 2 -inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 Bosc pears
- Add flour, ginger, and brown sugar into a food processor and pulse until ginger is finely chopped.
- Add the butter and pulse to incorporate. Finally add the pecans and combine until fully incorporated.
- Use a mandolin to cut the pears into paper thin slices. Arrange the pear slices evenly into a buttered glass pie pan (slightly overlapping).
- Add the pecan mixture on top of the pears.
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe