If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this for 25 years. - suz
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 ounces butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 egg
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a Bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the molasses, brown sugar and butter, bringing the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and place in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add to the mixer alternately with the buttermilk, in three additions. Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue beating. Add the brandy and the eggs, and work until smooth.
- Arrange the sliced apples like a fan in the bottom of the pan, and spread the batter evenly over the apples. Bake until done through, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing to a rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.