If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boys discovered this recipe on an internet search for Harry Potter recipes. Harry Potter eats these treats on the Hogwarts Express. They are, indeed, little pumpkin pastries. This is a very simple recipe - the original calls for store bought cookie dough, but I thought I'd jazz them up a bit by using Mrs. Larkin's "Best Chewy Sugar Cookie" recipe. —Waverly
- 1 Batch Food 52 Mrs. Larkins' Best Chewy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 28 oz can pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- PREP: Make the dough for Mrs. Larkin's sugar cookies (search for the recipe here on Food 52). Do not roll them in the coarse Turbinado sugar. We will save that step for later. Roll dough into a log and chill. Do not bake them. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with all natural canola oil or baking spray.
- SPREAD DOUGH AND TOP WITH FILLING: Cut chilled log of cookie dough into 12 even pieces. Sprinkle muffin tin with the coarse turbinado (or demera) sugar. Shake the tin so that the sugar fills each muffin cup evenly. This is going to make the pasties nice and crunchy. Next, place 1 slice of cookie dough into each muffin cup. Spread the dough out, like you would tart dough, very thin. The dough will cover the bottom and sides. Drop 1 heaping Tbsp of pie filling into each pastie. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- SPRINKLE WITH SPICES: In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spice. Sprinkle on top of hot baked pasties. Cool and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.