If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This candy is simple but so addicting that you can't eat just one piece. —Diane Walsh
Makes enough candy for four or five but probably less for sugar hounds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- t tablespoons Golden Syrup or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-2 drops orange food coloring
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and golden syrup and stir until combined. Place saucepan over medium heat and let the ingredients melt and turn gooey. This will take a few minutes. DO NOT STIR DURING COOKING. Remove from heat. Add baking soda, food coloring and nuts and stir vigorously. Immediately pour onto greasted foil or parchment and let harden. Once set, come back and smash it into pieces and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.