If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family favorite that originated with our Aunt Shirley, more affectionately known as "Aunt Squirrely". At age 90, Aunt Squirrely is still baking her cake to everyone's complete delight. —Sharon Tama
Serves 10 - 12
for the cake,, mix and set aside
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
for the cake, beat the following until smooth
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix the apples, 5 T. sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, 2 c. sugar, 1 c. oil, orange juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the following and add to the wet ingredients a little at a time: 3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a greased 10" tube pan, add a layer of batter, then a layer of apple mixture, then a second layer of batter, then a second layer of apple mixture, ending with a top layer of batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes (check after 1 hour). Allow to cool. Remove from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
Spick and Span
Our staff's best storage tips and tricks
Our staff's best storage tips.
This week's #happylist.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Storage made crystal clear.