If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a tendency to want to put lavender into everything (ESPECIALLY with whipped cream.....once you go lavender whipped cream you never go back) but it seems to do nice things to these caramels. If you like your caramels a little bit salty, throw a teaspoon into the pot at the beginning of the recipe. - zest in the midwest —zest in the midwest
Food52 Review: These wonderful, floral caramels are rich and buttery. They have a gooey and chewy texture. The technique of infusing the lavender into the sugar and cream results in caramels that are pleasantly potent, even after a 24 hour infusion. - Stephanie —The Editors
Serves about 60 caramels
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cream
- 1.5 cups corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 bags of Earl Gray tea
- 1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Do ahead (up to three days before, with a minimum of 24 hours for the lavender to infuse the sugar and the cream): Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons lavender in an airtight container. Seal. Pour the cream into a container. Add tea bags and remaining tablespoon of lavender. Seal container with cream and refrigerate.
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan, or high rimmed cookie sheet.
- Place a mesh colander over a large pot. Sift sugar into the pot. Using the same colander, drain cream into a separate container. Squeeze tea bags into the cream before disposing.
- Add butter, syrup, and 1 cup of the cream into the pot. Heat to medium high until boiling rapidly, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining cream.
- Heat to 244 F, without stirring. Pour caramel into greased pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until cool. Once caramel is chilled, cut into small squares and wrap in wax paper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
A slim-free way to make okra
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.