If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can't remember where this recipe came from, it's been in my recipe database for years. This is one of the most delicious apple cakes. It's hard to stop after just one piece. —ageekymom
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
Cinnamon Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 9x13" pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter (or margarine) and brown sugar until light & fluffy; beat in eggs. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Stir in apples. Spread batter in greased pan. Batter will be very stiff.
- Bake at 350F for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cinnamon Butter Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter melts and sauce is hot, stirring frequently. Serve warm sauce over warm cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.