If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to get up on Sunday mornings in the fall and winter and put together some chili in the slow cooker for football watching late in the afternoon and evening. Nothing fancy, just something flavorful and cozy. I've tried a number of turkey and chicken chili recipes for the slow cooker - some from Southern Living, Bon Appetit, Food Network - and I feel this is the best hybrid of those that I'd tried. Many slow cooker recipes don't have you cook the ground turkey first, but I find the turkey disintegrates and makes a runny chili if you don't. —tynitown
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1.5 cups diced white onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 28 oz. cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 3.5 oz. can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped (3 chiles per can, cut to 2 if you want less heat but always be sure to include the sauce)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon groun cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cook ground turkey, chopped onions and minced garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Drain and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the chili powder and the remaining ingredients. Stir mixture together and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream and serve with green chile cornbread.
A Fine Line
Prep your baking pan easily, no matter its size
How to line a baking pan.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A minimalist panzanella.
The chicest apron around.