Author Notes: I just returned from a week of work in Las Vegas where we stayed at The Palazzo. One of the restaurants we ate at several times was Dos Caminos and the hands-down favorite for all of us was the ceviche. They prepared 3 different varieties but my favorite was the tuna. I couldn't wait to get back home and recreate a version of it. My version may not be the exactly as there's but I'm loving it just the same (if not more!). - The Enchanted Cook
- 1/2 pound Ahi tuna steak (preferably sashimi grade), diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar (O Yuzu Rice Vinegar by O Olive Oil Co. preferred)
- 1/2 of a Serrano pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5 small leaves fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- In medium bowl mix soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, Serrano pepper, lime juice, mint, and sesame seeds together.
- Add diced tuna to bowl and toss with soy sauce mixture to coat.
- Mound equal amounts of tuna ceviche on top of 6 individual crackers, chips, or piles of micro-greens. Or you could use slices of roasted sweet potato for the base as Dos Caminos does.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and a sliver of Serrano pepper.