Author Notes: I love caprese salads. I love chicken. So I married them together. I served this with macaroni and a California red blend, but I think next time I'd serve it with garlic butter pasta. - zwerkowitch
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 8 Slices Pancetta
- 4 Slices Mozzarella (I used Part-Skim)
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil (Or cooking spray)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and oil a cookie sheet or baking pan with the olive oil (or spray it with cooking spray).
- Cut a large pocket in each chicken breast. Salt and pepper the outside.
- Slice tomatoes thinly, longways. Cut each slice in half, longways. Slice mozzarella no thicker than 1/4 inch.
- Slice mozzarella to fit in chicken breasts.
- Stuff one slice pancetta, 1 slices mozzarella, 3-5 basil leaves, and 2 pieces of tomato inside the pocket of each breast. Secure the pockets with toothpicks.
- Place one leaf of basil on top of each stuffed breast. Place one slice of pancetta on top of the basil.
- Bake on pan for 25-30 minutes.