If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish has become very popular around many parts of Greece. The Aegean Sea has small and very tasty lobsters and they are great with any type of fresh pasta! This dish represents Greek nouveau cuisine. —Julie Yefsi
- 3 or 4 Lobsters depending on the size
- Fresh Linguini Pasta
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley
- Splash of Brandy
- Some White Wine
- Bring a big pot of water to boil and put your lobsters in head down and cover. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Remove lobsters from pot and let cool. Pass the water from the lobsters through a thin sieve and use one cup for the sauce and the rest to cook the pasta.
- In the mean time heat some olive oil in a heavy pan and add the garlic and onions to sautee for 4-5 minutes. Add the fennel and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Add the white wine and simmer. Add the chopped tomatoes and the saved cup of water from the lobsters. Let it simmer for at least 15 minutes. Add a splash of Brandy (Metaxa) and let evaporate for 1-2 minutes. Add your seasoning.
- In the meantime cook and drain the pasta and clean the flesh from the cooled lobsters. Pull the legs off from the knuckles. Cut the tail from the inside from the neck down to the tail and if you want you can save the shell to serve the lobster flesh in it.
- Through the lobster pieces in the sauce, add the chopped fresh herbs and toss well. Check your seasonings and you are ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.