Author Notes: My mother used to make this cake when I was a child. It is great for any time - breakfast, snacks, or dessert!. It is very easy to make and absolutely delicious! - casuko
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Do not use a mixer.
- Blend together the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add a little of the dry mixture to the blended ingredients, and mix well. Continue to add a little at a time, until all the dry and blended ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan at 350ºF for 45 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar while still warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake