Author Notes: Late fall is the perfect time to turn plums into a sweet-savory sauce to go with hearty meats like lamb or pork chops. - seasonista
Makes 12 oz
- 1/2 medium sized yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups chopped plums
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered apple cider
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, cinnamon and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add remainder of ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer an additional 15 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.