If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned to make caramel sauce from Jaquie at Black Market Grill in Garret Park, MD. She is amazing and I loved every minute of my time with her. My love is Irish so I added some whiskey (or bourbon) to make him smile. —LizTerry
Serves 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- water to just cover the sugar and the bottom of the pan
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
- pour sugar into a saucepan
- add water to just cover the sugar in the pan
- bowl on high and stir constantly
- the sugar will start to "burn" so pay attention. You want to pull the sugar/water mixture off the heat when it gets to a dark caramel color. Usually takes about 5 minutes once at a hard boil.
- Slowly pour cream into sugar/water while whisking with your other hand. Keep mixing until smooth. Add whiskey and stir.
- Caramel will be very hot!! Allow to cool and then pour over ice cream or dip pretzels or drizzle over your favorite cheesecake.
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.