If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For Thanksgiving I like to have a dessert that can be made ahead of time. We have many chocolate lovers in our family, so this has been a big hit. —habudingo
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 pound Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (then ground)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Line a 7½ x 3½ x 2¼ loaf pan with plastic wrap, smoothing it out as much as possible.
- Bring cream and butter to a simmer in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to low and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and stir in the ground toasted hazelnuts and the extract.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Chill, covered, overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator immediately before slicing thinly, using a hot, wet, knife. Plate immediately before the pâté has a chance to soften.
- Can be served alone or with a Raspberry Sauce or Crème Anglaise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.