If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The film "What's Cooking?" depicts Thanksgiving dinner at 4 different ethnic-American homes. This Raspberry Torte was dessert at one of the dinners, which we recreated for our book "Cooking with the Movies: Meals on Reels." - Anthony Chiffolo
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 packages fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 packet French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Make sure that all ingredients except the milk are at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the confectioner’s sugar and butter together in a medium-size bowl. Slowly add in the fl our and form into a fi ne pastry dough. Place in a round baking dish, pressing it to and up the sides. Bake for 15–18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Pour the berries and the almonds into the cooled pie crust and spoon the egg and sugar mixture over them. Place in a 350°F oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the top begins to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Make the pudding according to the directions, adding in the milk and vanilla. Allow to sit for 5–10 minutes. Spoon over the fi nished pie; top with raspberries lined up like soldiers in rows. Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired, before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.