If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Part of this recipe can be made the day before and assembly is pretty quick. It has a light pumpkin flavor and this dessert should be a nice finish after a heavy meal. —Krystal Ford
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 250F
- In a mixing bowl whisk the 4 egg whites, if using an electric mixer use medium speed, until they form soft peaks.
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, while continuously whisking until egg mixture forms stiff peaks (should be white and glossy)
- Sprinkle vinegar and cornstarch over mixture and gently fold in.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and using a rubber spatula gently scrap the meringue onto the parchment paper and form a large circle (11 inch diameter) with the edges slightly higher than the center. Bake for 1 hr and 15 minutes or until it changes to a pale cream color and is dry to touch.
- Turn off the oven and allow the meringue to cool inside the oven. It will harden as it cools. The cooled meringue can be stored in an airtight container for a couple of days.
Pumpkin whip cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup puree pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl whip heavy cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar to whip cream and whip a few seconds longer.
- In another bowl, combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Carefully fold pumpkin mixture into the whip cream until combined.
- Mound pumpkin whip cream on top of pavlova.
- Place 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon of powder sugar in a fine mesh sieve and lightly tap the side to dust the cream with the sugar and cinnamon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.