If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a party of eight to feed and was in need of a simple dessert. That morning, I sifted through my cookbooks and online recipes for an easy yet seasonal pie that was simple sophisticated and would leave an impression. I found this Cranberry Tart with Hazelnut Crust recipe from TheKitchn.com. What intrigued me about this recipe was the hazelnut crust married to baked sweet and tart cranberries. Knowing right away that I would leave the pie crust to the experts I improvised. I bought the pie crust and added a layer of chopped roasted hazelnuts so, you'd get the crunchy texture and hazelnut flavors that complemented the cranberry filling. Link: http://wp.me/p5HTk-qC - April Somboun
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup chopped raw hazelnuts
- 16 ounces fresh whole cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grade A maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees
- In a medium sauce pan combine the sugar and maple syrup. Turn the stove top on medium high heat. Constantly stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Turn down the stove top heat to low and add the fresh cranberries. Using a wooden spoon evenly coat each cranberry with the sugar maple mixture. The cranberries will begin to make the “popping” sound 1 to 2 minutes in. Then remove from the heat.
- Get out your frying pan and turn on the stove top to high heat. Place the chopped hazelnut in the pan and roast for 3-4 minutes until it’s slightly golden and you can begin to smell the essence of the hazelnuts.
- Take the hazelnuts and layer the bottom of the pie crust with it.
- Slowly top the pie/hazelnut crust with the cranberry mixture. Make sure it’s a nice heaping pile.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the juices are bubbly and the crust is a nice golden color.
- Let the pie cool on the counter top and serve immediately or at room temperature. You can certainly serve it a l