Author Notes: I like more pineapple than coconut in my pina coladas, so I thought I'd add some fresh pineapple as well as pineapple juice. And after a few experiments, I found that a combination of coconut milk and cream of coconut produced the right blend of sweetness and creaminess. A spritz of lime juice and a grating of fresh nutmeg were later additions. - merrill
Makes 4 cocktails
- 3 oz light rum
- 4 cups ice
- 2/3 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces coconut milk
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- Juice of 1/2 large lime
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (use a good, strong one that can crush ice) and blend until smooth. Add more ice or liquid to taste. Serve in a pretty glass with a shower of grated nutmeg, a lime wedge and maybe even a cocktail umbrella.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!