Author Notes: My older sister, Nancy, gave me this recipe 30 years ago and it is still a favorite anytime it is served! The butter and berries turn this into an unbelievable delight. - Fritzie
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 cups milk
- 5 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water or juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Melt the butter in a 9" x 13" baking pan. (Glass works best.)
- Mix the flour, 2 c. sugar, baking powder and milk, and pour over the melted butter in the baking pan.
- Mix the berries (thawed), juice and 1 cup sugar and pour on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert