If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my version of a family recipe that used a boxed cake mix as it's foundation. It's a dessert that I always enjoy more than I even remember, but never liked needing to buy a mix and pour box to make it. It's not quite cake, not quite shortbread on the bottom, and has a gooey center that melds nicely with the crust, all topped with pecans. —northlookcook
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside 2/3 cup of mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients with butter and 1 egg. Press into greased 9x13 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While baking, mix remaining ingredients and and pour over crust when you remove it from the oven.
- Continue to cook for 25-30 minutes until set in the middle. Cool and cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).