If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An irresistible dessert using pretzels, caramel, and chocolate. —mommiecooks
Makes 16 bars
- 11/2 cup of Pretzels, Ground up
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 packet of Either Caramel or Caramel Apple Hersheys Kisses
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/4 cup of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Milk
- Start out by making up your crust. Throw a few handful of pretzels into your food processor and mulch them up until you have 11/2 cups worth.
- Dump them into a 9x9 inch baking pan and add in 1 stick's worth of melted butter along with 1/4 cup of sugar. Combine it well and press your crust into the pan.
- Throw it in the oven and cook it at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Pull it back out and let it cool.
- While your crust is cooling, grab up your bar ingredients. Melt up your second stick of butter (I knew there was a reason these bars were so dang good) on low heat. Once it's melted, remove it from the heat and add in your brown sugar, vanilla, and evaporated milk.
- Next up, you'll mix in your egg.
- Finish it off by adding in your flour and baking soda.
- Grab your cooled pretzel crust and lay your kisses down in rows on top of your crust.
- Next up, you'll grab your batter you just cooked up and pour it over the top of the kisses.
- Pop the bars back into your oven at 350 degrees and cook them for another 25 minutes.
- Once they're out and cooling, the final touch will be to take any leftover caramel kisses, throw them into your double boiler along with your tsp of milk and melt them down.
- Spread the melted kisses over the top of your bars and put the finished dish in the fridge to set for three or more hours until completely cooled.