Author Notes: I'm always trying to find new ways to use sweet potatoes, because my boyfriend loves them. This was a success - the tanginess of the yogurt sort of brightened up the mash. - apartmentcooker
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 3/4 cups Greek Yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- Toss the potatoes and garlic with the oil, salt, and pepper. Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet and roast in a 375 degree oven until tender and caramelized, about 30-45 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes and garlic to a large bowl, and use a handheld mixer to whip them with the Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and add the rosemary. Let the butter rest until it is set. Top the warm potatoes with the butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side