If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With leftover pickling liquid from cranberries (that was made with 1.5 cups cider vinegar, 3/4 cups water,1.5 cups organic cane sugar, 1.5 ounces maple syrup , 2 ounces acacia honey, 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced thin,1 lemon, sliced thin, pits removed and 1/2 teaspoon coriander (whole berries boiled together with 12 oz of cranberries) I had some fresh Bartlett pears I wanted to preserve. The recipe for pickled cranberries is also on this site. After enjoying those, I did not want to waste the pickling liquid, which had turned a beautiful red.This was an interesting way to do that. These are intended to be refrigerator pickles, good for a few weeks there.
Makes about 1 pint
- 3 Bartlett pairs, pared, cored and cut into eights
- 12 ounces cranberry pickling vinegar made with the ingredients above
- Pack the pears evenly divided in two half pint mason jars.
- Bring the cranberry vinegar mix to a boil. Pour over the pears.
- Seal. Cool. Refrigerate. Serve with roasts or alongside cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.