If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a tasty and attractive variation on the usual sweet potatoe dish for Thanksgiving. - Anthony Chiffolo
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2" disks. Place them in a large pot with enough water to cover and cook until boiling; reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain, and place in a large oven-proof casserole dish.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan, and stir in the salt, pepper, nutmeg, and grape juice. Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Arrange a walnut, a cranberry or two, and a marshmallow in and around each potato for decorative effect.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side