If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom and I had the pleasure of attending a class by Alice Medrich. Of course she made one scrumptous dessert after another. We left her class so excited to try what was demonstrated. I also purchased her beautiful cookbook, Pure Desserts. The following recipe is adapted from Alice's book. I used organic lemons, since I live in Michigan without Meyer lemons! - ashleychasesdinner
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all- purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest- use organic lemons for the best flavor, may also use Meyer lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from organic lemon
- powered sugar for dusting if you desire
- To make the crust: In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the flour and mix just intil incorporated.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 8- inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Should be browned around the edges, and golden in the center.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Mix well. Whisk in the eggs.
- Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Take the baked crust from the oven, and reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Pour the mixture onto the hot crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the middle no longer jiggles when the pan is tapped.
- Take out of oven and cool completely.
- Once cooled, take a sharp knife and cut into sqares. Dust with powered sugar if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.