Author Notes: I created this dish when I catered for fajita parties. It is a non cream gratin with a sprinkle of cheese on top. - artoeat
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 small jar mild green chilis
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- chicken or beef broth depending on what meat it is served with)
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously oil a 9" pyrex pie pan.
- Scrub the potatoes well and slice into medium (1/4") rounds.
- Combine chilis, peppers, cilantro, garlic and onions inthe pie pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour broth over the mixture until just touching the top potato layer.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake until the potatoes are soft when tested with a knife.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin