If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious end to your Thanksgiving feast! - mommiecooks
- 11/2 cup Flour (for crust)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (For Crust)
- 1 Stick of Butter (for crust)
- 1/4 cup Water (for crust)
- 4-5 Apples, Peeled and Chopped
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/16 teaspoon Salt (a couple shakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- To make the dough, you'll want to add your flour and salt to a bowl. Now cut up your butter into small squares and add it into the flour, a few squares at a time, using either a fork or a pastry blender.
- Add in the water and mix it up to form a dough.
- Stick the dough in the fridge to chill and let's start working on the filling.
- Grab up your brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, almond extract, flour, cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg and dump them into a small pot.
- Turn your heat to medium and let the mixture cook up. When it reaches boiling, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Pull your dough back out and cut it into two equal pieces. Roll the first piece out to fit your pie pan and lay it inside.
- Cut off the excess and crimp your crust all pretty like.
- Now add in your apples.
- Now it's time to roll out your second piece of dough. Roll it out to the size of your pie top. Grab a pizza cutter and cut about 14-16 1/2" strips from the dough.
- Lattice up your pie.
- The last step is to take your sauce and carefully pour it over the top of the pie.
- Now pop your pie in the oven at 375 for 40 minutes. You might want to put another pan under your pie as well to catch any drippings.