If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother-in-law's recipe for Apple Cake, and it's fantastic. She got it from her local upstate New York newspaper in the '60s. It has a nice, short ingredient list and is very easy to make. The cake has one layer of apples in the middle, along with an apple topping. It's moist and delicious, and my husband and I love it! —landriani
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice from concentrate
- 6 apples, thinly sliced
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add the rest of the cake dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) alternately with the liquid ingredients (oil, juice, vanilla) and beat well.
- Grease the bottom of an angel food pan. Pour in half the batter and top it with half the apples. Sprinkle half the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top. Pour on the rest of the batter. Top with the remaining apples and sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.