If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great "people coming over" recipe. A dish to simply put in the oven while you snack on appetizers as the delicious aromas perfume your kitchen. —SJ Jr
- 1 cup onion, carrot, celery
- bunches garlic bulbs
- 1 can of crushed tomato
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3-4 sage leaves
- 4 Boneless Short Ribs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour
- Sear ribs on medium/high heat in large dutch oven or deep cast-iron pan. 3-5 minutes each side for a good crust.
- Remove ribs, lower heat and sweat out all veggies and garlic. Season with salt/pepper. About 10 minutes
- Put the ribs back in pan, add tomato, tomato paste and 2 cups of H2O.
- Add all the rosemary and sage. Season again with salt/pepper.
- Cover and put in oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally just to move the ribs around a bit.
- You house/apartment will smell heavenly! I serve over a pasta or rice. ENJOY!
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Tennessee Whiskey Is the Tops
Plus, a blackberry cocktail to drink all season long
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Just for the halibut.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.