Author Notes: This is a great "people coming over" recipe. A dish to simply put in the oven while you snack on appetizers as the delicious aromas perfume your kitchen. - SJ Jr
- 1 cup onion, carrot, celery
- bunches garlic bulbs
- 1 can of crushed tomato
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3-4 sage leaves
- 4 Boneless Short Ribs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour
- Sear ribs on medium/high heat in large dutch oven or deep cast-iron pan. 3-5 minutes each side for a good crust.
- Remove ribs, lower heat and sweat out all veggies and garlic. Season with salt/pepper. About 10 minutes
- Put the ribs back in pan, add tomato, tomato paste and 2 cups of H2O.
- Add all the rosemary and sage. Season again with salt/pepper.
- Cover and put in oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally just to move the ribs around a bit.
- You house/apartment will smell heavenly! I serve over a pasta or rice. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Tags: serves a crowd