If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I began to think about what recipe is always a hit during our open houses or large parties it has always been what we call a cheese volcano. The ingredients are so simple and basic and many may think this is just another cheese ball but people devour it. Within an hour there is nothing but rubble left on a plate. It would take hundreds of millions of years to do that to a regular volcano. I keep doing a double check of the ingredients for some addictive ingredient but cannot find one. It just works and people can't stay away from it. You can mold this into any shape you want. Remember your old jelly molds. They could be used again to mold the cheese into something other than a volcano. The jam does make a difference so as it disappears replenish it on the volcano for your guests. Enjoy! —Threemealsaday
- 1 pound Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- 12 ounces strawberry jam
- Beat first 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; stir in the toasted pecans. Shape mixture into a volcano shape, or spoon into a 5 cup mold. Cover and chill 8 hours. Spoon preserves into/over the cheese. Serve immediately with crackers or toasts
- We often use a mixture of orange and white cheddar but any option will work.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish