If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 9in cake
- 1 cup "quick" cooked oats
- 2 large apples (peeled & chopped)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temp
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9in spring form pan with parchment paper and butter and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup agave nectar for 2 minutes then slowly add vanilla, eggs and then oats and 1/2 of the chooped apples, mix until combined. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Scoop batter into spring form pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake completely before topping.
- For the topping: cream 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons agave nectar slowly adding cream. Add the coconut and ½ of the chopped apples, mix until combined. Cover the cake to the rim with the topping and bake until golden brown and set about 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.